- Stock up on motion sickness tablets. They can come well in hand on the ferry or on the curvy roads.
- Hoodie, warm socks, umbrella and a flashlight can also come in hand. Believe it or not, the weather is not always great.
- Take of your shoes the first thing after getting on the plane. After 4 hours it’s too late…
- There are cash machines on the airport, ferry ports and the cities Vallehermoso, Valle Gran Rey and San Sebastian. There is no one by the road to Alojera or in Alojera.
- The arrival day can be long and exhausting, but it usually goes better if you’re well rested and sober.
- The west coast is almost always sunny, because the clouds come from north west and disperse over the national park Garajonay.
- Alojera is not the place for party animals, as it’s a quiet and calm place. But for people who love a starry night or watching sunsets it’s the perfect place to be!
Currency: € (Euro)
Distance: From San Sebastian to Alojera – 50 km, traveling time about 1h and 15 min (curvy road and big height differences).
Payment: Cash is best in Alojera, cards work best in the restaurants.
Bank: Can be found in San Sebastian, Valle Gran Rey, Vallehermoso and Hermigua.
Restaurants: Biggest range in Valle Gran Rey. There is one restaurant in Alojera.
Gas station: Can be found in San Sebastian, Vallehermoso, Valle Gran Rey, Playa Santiago Chipude and Hermigua.
Climate: Usually around 20-25°C (68-77° F) during the day. The warmest season is July – October.